Leak Detection WhittierLeaks can be a tricky problem to deal with. While they are common and a fairly simple fix, their causes aren’t always so obvious. Leaks can start almost anywhere within a plumbing system, so if you start to see or hear any of the signs of leakage, it’s important to contact a trusted service, such as One Way Rooter, in order to inspect and diagnose where the leak may be originating from. Some leaks are simple to pinpoint from openly available pipes that are easily accessible. However, other leaks can be behind concrete walls or underneath your basement floor, these leaks (commonly called slab leaks) are difficult to locate and fix, requiring the help of the trained and experienced technician. Luckily enough, we have the training and experience to locate and handle such leaks!
Signs of a Slab LeakAs stated, a slab leak is a leak that is hidden behind a concrete wall or basement floor. While you may not have the necessary tools to locate the leaks specific location, you can still follow the signs as listed:
● Clear water damage to your foundation.
● The smell of mildew in your basement.
● Unusually high water bills (trust us, you’ll notice this!).
● Water damaged drywall on lower levels.
● The sound of running water, even when faucets and toilets aren’t.
It is important that you call us immediately if you begin to suspect that you may have a slab leak, based on the symptoms above. We’ll have our expert inspectors come out to your home, using state of the art, high-end equipment to detect where the origins of all plumbing leaks. Our professionals are trained and experienced in such tools as:
● Acoustic listening equipment, which uses sounds to help locate the leak.
● Video inspection equipment, where we use a small video camera to get a peek inside your pipes. We can also items such as lost jewelry via this method!
● Soil probes, which can measure pressurized water in your soil.
When One Way Rooter plumbers and inspectors combine these techniques, we can spot even the most hidden leak.
We’ll Fix the Leak (Even the Hard See Ones)!Our friendly and respectful plumbers are trained in slab leaks and will be able to create a tiny hole in the concrete, allowing them to fix the specific area when the leak is happening.
But don’t feel like you have to call us ONLY for the complicated leaks. We’ll fix anything from a leaky faucet to leaky toilets. While these leaks may not be as intensive as the above mentioned it is important that they are handled with expertise and care. If neglected, leaking pipes can cause mildew, mold, and expensive water damage.